Banana Blast! My Favorite Breakfast Recipe

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

banana oatmeal recipe
First and foremost, I obviously can't take food photos to save my life.
Furthermore, I can't decorate food for that matter either. And quite frankly, I couldn't care less. This is my everyday option and my tummy doesn't like to be kept waiting while I'm trying to make my bowl a Louvre-worthy display.

Hi loves!
In this post I'm typing something not beauty-related, which is a first for me, but I'm so excited to share it with you all.

I am a breakfast nutter and I can't possibly go a day without having it. And I'm a hungry beast in the mornings so the poor 30-gram portions go straight to the bin for me. I am one of those people who can eat a cow-sized meal in the AM and it always has to be sweet. In all honesty, I cannot remember the last time I had savory breakfast. I just can't imagine something other that warm, comforting, sweet and spoon-requiring. This is my absolute favorite porridge option and I can never get bored of it. If you're a banana fan and are looking for a filling and delicious breakfast idea, you, my friend, have come to the right place.

PS This requires a some time and love, so if you're usually in a rush you might want to bookmark this post for a cozy weekend.

banana oatmeal recipe
Serves: 1 (really hungry 1)
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 13-15 minutes

Ingredients:
• 60g fine oats
• 350-400 ml liquid (see note below)
• 1 ripe banana
• optional: cinnamon and/or honey/golden syrup

Method:
1. Cut the banana into thin coins and throughout its entire length (so you get all the coins cut into half). You can save a few to go on top, which I did do only for the photo purposes.
2. Place the banana, oats and liquid in a saucepan and turn on the heat to the lowest flame/setting possible.
3. Stir constantly. I like to stir it with a metal tablespoon so while I'm doing it, I also use the edge of the spoon to cut the banana pieces into even smaller ones, pressing them against the sides of the saucepan.
4. Once it reaches your desired consistency (I like it a bit runnier), you can add cinnamon or honey if you desire. 
5. Pop it into your favorite bowl and consume immediately. Believe me when I say this is the heartiest simple oatmeal you'll ever have. It may not be fancy-schmancy but it will love you right back.

Note: By liquid I mean milk-water combo. You can use half milk, half water, or any ratio actually. Or just go with milk for the best, creamiest result. But please, for heaven's sake, don't use only water! It will be a mush and will taste like foamboard. Milk is lovely.

Please let me know in the comments if you try this out and your thoughts on it! I'd also appreciate if you told me what do you think of this post, I hope you're okay with food posts on beauty blogs! :)

Love, Klaudia.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Your favourite breakfast just became MY favourite breakfast. I would even get up EARLY to make this it looks so good!!!! #BreakfastNuttersUnite

    Katie.
    xx LA-COCO-NOIRE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! :) Me too, I always find time for brekkie, no matter what! did you try it or planning to? xo

      Delete