My Current Nighttime Skincare Routine

Friday, September 04, 2015

nighttime skincare routine

Hi boys and girls!
Today I decided to to a run-down of my current skincare nighttime routine. As a constant skincare explorer, I need your help. I still haven't found the perfect moisturizer to wrap up my pre-bed routine with. I used a few in the past but none were mention-worthy or made a significant difference. My skin type is normal to oily, acne-prone, so if you're like me please let me know your recommendations. Thank you!

nivea pure and natural makeup removing wipes

Nivea Pure & Natural Makeup Wipes
I don't wear makeup every day. In fact, I rarely wear makeup lately since I have no obligations or having to leave the house at the moment. But when I do, I take it off immediately when I get through the door. I hate wearing makeup at home so I don't even wait until nighttime to take it off. My option are Nivea wipes because they get the job done well, they're very gentle and leave my face fully bare.

garnier micellar cleansing water
Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
I believe this isn't going to be in my routine after I finish the bottle. I'm going to get the Pure Active version, which is better for my skin type. But for now, this micellar water is okay, not fantastic or anything, but okay. I take it on a cotton round after removing my makeup to make sure everything's left clean and there are no traces of makeup or any kind of dirt. It feels like pure water, apparently being the dupe for Bioderma cleasing water, but I feel like it would be so much better for dry skin types.

lush ocean salt exfoliating scrub
Lush Ocean Salt
This is my favorite exfoliating scrub ever! I love Lush to pieces but I decided to plunge into their skincare section not too long ago and I'm happy I did. This scrub deserves its hype nonetheless. It's a fresh-scented salt scrub that leaves my skin feeling soft as a cloud. It exfoliates like no other but is not harsh on the skin what so ever. I will be repurchasing this for as long as I live. Recommend.

lush tea tree water toner

Lush Tea Tree Water
Another goodie from Lush, this toner is nice for oily skin types out there. It smells very forest-y which I don't really like but it gets the job done. If you're normal to dry, try Breath Of Fresh Air, which has much nicer scent, may I notice.

lush grease lightning spot treatment
Lush Grease Lightning
This is not an essential for me every night but when a wild zit appears, this is the remedy I run to. It's a jelly texture spot treatment so when I apply it directly on the spot, I wake up the next day without the uninvited menace. Sometimes it takes a day or to for the spot to disappear, but it's definitely effective.

ole henriksen truth serum

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
I got this serum after a recommendation since I was desperate to find a cure for my redness. That's another issue of mine, after the spot disappears, I'm left with red dots that do nothing but sit on my face for months and months. (I'm still taking recommendations for this problem! I'd appreciate if you let me know of some.) I've been using this for only a week now and I love it already! It has made a slight reduction of my post-pimple redness and I hope it makes it all gone as I continue to use it.

Love, Klaudia

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Oh my gosh. I keep telling myself to try the micellar water but I forget every single time. I've also been meaning to try the tea tree spray from The Body Ahop. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Definitely going to get my hands on this lush scrub, it sounds amazing! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get a good serum, its completely missing from my routine at the moment X I really like the Micellar water actually, but it is pretty drying. I always splash my face with water afterwards to rinse it off a bit - I know it says you don't have to but I always like to. I also really want to try the scrub from lush x :)

    Caitriona | Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. i use ocean salt and the tea tree toner religiously!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! I also have the Lush products you use and find them so useful!

    Cute blog

    http://itslolll.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same way, I have to take my makeup off the second I get home haha ;) This is a lovely post!

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  7. My skin type is dry so not sure what I can recommend but Superdrug's own vitamin e and naturally radiant ranges are lovely! I love the night creams and serum :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  8. Skin care is so important :) I think Cosmedix is a great higher end brand too (review on my blog) www.shehearts.net x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ocean salt and grease lightening are awesome ♥
    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Garnier Micellar Water, have been re-purchasing since it was first released. It removes my eye makeup so well without having to worry about stinging my eyes x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've just bought Garnier's Micellar Water and I love it for taking off my eye makeup the most, it's really gentle. The Ole Henriksen Truth Serum sounds so interesting, I have the same problem with spots and I haven't found anything that really helps either! :(

    Becki, xo
    www.beautyandthebrunette.co.uk

    ReplyDelete