Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment: First Impression & Review

Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Hello loves,
thanks for stopping by! I dug around my drawer to find another yet unused item and finally decided to review it. I bought this about a month ago but didn't use it until my skin was feeling and looking its worst (for your viewing disgust, that day has come).
I'm an oily skin type and tend to have lots of redness and breakouts occasionally and since it's gotten burning hot outside, my face decided to hate me.
Time to fight back! 
Opening the sleek white cardboard packaging (the most gorgeous skincare product packaging if you ask me), I was greeted with a rather flattering "Hello Sexy" welcome. 
"It's your job to make me so, but until then, I apologize for not meeting the expectations." - I whispered.
There's a tiny tub sitting in there but apparently it is enough for 20ish full-face uses. 
The following photos are taken before the application, cleansed, fully bare faced. I KNOW my eyebrows are a mess, I haven't done them in two weeks. But worry not, they weren't exposed to the public outside (except for the endless depths of the Internet, I am sorry). I just wasn't bothered to comb them and fill them in, so let's just move on.
Removing the lid, I was met with a strong minty scent and an odd hue of grey gloom. The smell got the thumbs up as I approve everything that has a minty scent. 
I applied the product using a flat foundation brush, that way I got the more even coverage and less waste.
The grey layer started drying instantly, resulting with a clay-feeling face and inability to move my mouth. Notice how all the junk is being pulled out to the surface out of my pores and spots.
I ended up leaving it sit on my face for 15 minutes until it was fully dry and all the dirt was visibly out.
Washing it off, I couldn't help but continuously stroke my face as it was feeling soft like never before (as it should, for the price tag it carries). Considering this was only my first use, I was blown away. Obviously the spots aren't gone but my pores felt tight and clean, and the skin structure was greatly improved. Also the nasty zit next to my right eyebrow vanished so I reckon you can use this mask for spot treatment only if you don't want to waste the product on the entire face.
Bear in mind that right after washing it off, your face will be slightly red and look somewhat sunburnt. That's why I look so red in the following photo. However, it calmed down after 20 minutes. But you can clearly tell the difference and how much cleaner my skin looks.
Overall, I am very happy with this. I don't know how am I going to survive once I'm out of it since it looks like a very promising potential holy grail. I'm absolutely mad with the price but if you have a birthday coming up, let your loved ones know. Or splurge on it yourself if you've succeeded with finals or gotten a raise at work. 
If you have a specific question, let me know in the comments. But first, here are some for you: Have you tried Glamglow Supermud or any of the Glamglow masks? What are your opinions? Or will you give it a go? What are some of your favorite masks you would recommend?
Have a beautiful day! xo
 
sephora.com - $69.00
feelunique.com - £40.00

Love, Klaudia
 

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. I have oily skin as well, so this sounds like it has great potential. :]
    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, then it's perfect for you! xo

      Klaudia // klaudiam96.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. I've definietly always wanted to try this out but I agree with you--definitely let a loved one know! haha it seems amazing and i can tell that it's pretty darn good as well! I'll definitely be giving it a go--once it comes around to christmas :P
    I would recommend korean beauty masks! They seem to be all the rage. my mom always gets some so i'm starting to get more invested in them :)
    xo,

    Kelly


    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡


    Hope you're having a beautiful day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would make an amazing gift, I'd love to receive one more tub myself haha! :)
      Thank you for your recommendation! I'll consider trying them, as I've heard so many people talk about korean beauty products in general! It may be difficult to come across them but I'll do my research. xo

      Klaudia // klaudiam96.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. I have not tried this particular mask, but I do have their mask for dry skin. It's a sleep-in mask and smells like coconuts! I love it. I hate the price tag, so I never buy the full size product. I normally get the deluxe sample size at Sephora which is much more affordable, and I only use it once a week to stretch out the product. I wish they would go down in their prices, because their products seem to really work... and a lot of people could benefit from them if they made it more affordable!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe all of their masks are fabulous, but since I'm oily this is the only one I stick with for now. I hate the price as well but I think it makes a really good feel-good treat and isn't too bad when you buy it once. But it is definitely worth it! xo

      Klaudia // klaudiam96.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. Hmmmmm looks like a great mask.
    I love that it's supermud

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, it is! :) xo

      Klaudia // klaudiam96.blogspot.com

      Delete
  5. I love this for an on the spot treatment rather than all over mask because I have dry skin & don't need a full on clay mask all over. Absolutely love the range of masks! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used it again the next day just on my spots and it does the job, I love it! Yes, they're an amazing brand! xo

      Klaudia // klaudiam96.blogspot.com

      Delete
  6. I don't think this is a stand alone product but it's really good for treating breakouts :) Make sure to follow up with something hydrating too.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it on my spots the next day, it's great at soothing them down! I didn't hydrate after since it was my first use and I was just getting the general idea. Will care the next time. :) xo

      Klaudia // klaudiam96.blogspot.com

      Delete
  7. This sounds like a good mask, I need to explore a bit more into the world of face masks! x http://www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Same here, I love face masks and it I love searching for the new ones on the market! Lush is my next target. :) xo

      Klaudia // klaudiam96.blogspot.com

      Delete
  8. Looks so good, I also have super oily skin this is so fun to read I need to get them soon haha. thanks for sharing. Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Sure, I'm open to lovely friends! xo

      Klaudia // klaudiam96.blogspot.com

      Delete
  9. I have dehydrated skin and even though I don't get spots often I still love this mask. It's amazing for unblocking pores and just generally exfoliating the face, leaving it super soft x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  10. This product sounds amazing! I think I might have to try it! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. It’s the night before my holiday and I should really really be sleeping but I can’t stop reading your blog haha! Loved this post.

    My Little “ROAD TRIP” Box Review JULY 2015

    ReplyDelete
  12. Package looks really good.

    Your skin care app - Veleza.com

    ReplyDelete