Review: Bourjois Twist Up The Volume

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Recently I've been taking frequent trips to the drugstore (as you might've seen in my previous post) and by now I've tried all of my new makeup items. All of them have left me with different opinions but the one that blew my mind has to be Twist Up The Volume mascara by Bourjois so I needed to dedicate this bad boy a whole post.
 

First eye-catch was the TV commercial that is super cute (youtube it). Second eye catch, whilst in the actual shop, was the bottle. I love its shape but the thing that got me was the top. It has a little white bit that you can twist and change the length of the brush. I wasn't paying that detail much time as I wanted to test out the actual product.


 

Bristle brush. Check. It's in a slight spiral shape as you can see in the closeup above. I didn't know how useful or not it might be but after the first sweep on my lashes I was won. It took just one coat to achieve crazy long lashes and to decide I'm never going back to any drugstore mascara I've ever previously owned! The quality is just amazing. I wore it for 7 hours and it stayed on, I'm telling you, for the entire time without having to reapply it. 


 

In the first photo I have nothing on my eyes and the second photo is taken after one coat. Now this is the key. I've tried applying more coats but it doesn't do well. Don't put on any more than one or two coats of this because it will get clumpy, drying and stick your lashes together.
Overall, this was an amazing purchase. I will be buying this over and over (obviously I won't miss on testing out more items but I will always have this as a backup, you know).
With a price tag of around £10 (I'm converting to pounds as it's the easiest to convert my national currency to) it's on a pricier side for a drugstore item but the product quality is definately up there! I got it discounted for £7 so that was another satisfaction.


Have you tried this mascara? How did it work for you?
Will you give it a try? Let me know your opinions. x
Love, Klaudia

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I haven't tried this but after seeing your pictures it looks really good - will have a look when I go shopping next, there's so many things that I want to buy haha! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definately give it a try! :) I get my products based on reviews online aswell. xo

      Klaudia

      Delete
  2. Wow, the effect it has is pretty amazing, so I can totally understand why you wouldn't want to go back to any other drugstore products :D I often hear people say that one or two coats are fine, but more make eyelashes look bad, so maybe that's a normal thing with (cheaper or any) mascaras? :) Thanks for sharing your opinion ♥
    letscoba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I usually put more coats on (the habit I guess) of every mascara I have used but this doesn't do well with multiple coats so that's what makes a difference for me. xo

      Klaudia

      Delete
  3. This looks so so good! I love massive eyelashes and yours look amazing :D

    Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mascara looks AMAZING your eyelashes are incredible
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete